Breakthrough Brits 2019: Writer / Indie Games Studio Manager Gemma Langford (dnxhd - clean - mixed)Record ID: 462480
- Title: Breakthrough Brits 2019: Writer / Indie Games Studio Manager Gemma Langford (dnxhd - clean - mixed)
- Date: 1st January 1970
- Summary: Breakthrough Brits
- Description:Writer / Indie Games Studio Manager Gemma Langford | Breakthrough Brits 2019 Growing up in Stockport, Gemma was always fascinated by people and thought acting would be the best place to explore their idiosyncrasies. But after feeling unfulfilled, despite finding success on screen, she turned her hand to writing and has never looked back. Her writing career so far has spanned radio, theatre and gaming. This led her to being part of Ghost Town Games, a 3-person independent games studio. Here she had the opportunity to write the BAFTA-nominated Overcooked 2, as well as learn the business and development side of the industry. Gemma initially found being a woman in business particularly tough and struggled with her self-belief. But after seeing each of her projects find an audience and having worked with others who lent their strength and support, she feels this is an exciting time as increasingly women in games are making their mark on the industry. All Gemma?s hard work is paying off and she is delighted to be recognised by her peers in this way. Currently writing a new game, with plays and radio dramas due for release next year, Gemma is also keen to write for TV and film and hopes that through BAFTA, she will be able to meet people who, like her, wear different hats within the industry, believing that cross-pollination across multiple disciplines creates exciting, original work.
- Keywords: BAFTA; British Academy of Film & Television Arts; Breakthrough Brits; 2019; Interview; Career; Experience; Writer; Indie Games Studio Manager;
- Country: United Kingdom
- Transmission Date:01/01/1970